Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Welcome to Violin Virtuoso!

This is the first post for my blog! I am a self-taught violin player who has been very happy with the Suzuki Method. I was introduced to the method in mid-2005 and I've been learning from it ever since.
My goal with this blog is to share tips, favorite videos, and perhaps even some personal sheet music that I have collected over the years. (Perhaps I'll post a cool fiddle song that I enjoy very much).

The image below is a logo I had created for a website I made in my web development class. (The website was called Violin Virtuoso). I had a bunch of images and files on my hard drive and I thought it would be cool to get an actual blog up on the internet where I could post all my stuff.

violin virtuoso violin scroll


Since I am self taught, I usually rely on Youtube videos to get my techniques right. I think I'm quite addicted to these videos. Something I've been searching for is help on violin positions. If anyone has any way to describing them (Perhaps with an image or pdf) I would be thankful. I'm currently learning songs in Suzuki Violin Volume 5, and knowing when to change positions based on the numbers above the notes is a little confusing. I've gotten the hang of it sometimes, but it's always a good idea to ask for help when you need it right?

                                   

This is professor pizzicato. He's a violin wizard I had designed by my friend, Lidia Garcia for my violin website back in college. He's holding his little pal Mr. Rosin. Sadly, in other pictures, people thought Mr. Rosin was a hotdog. Those days bring a smile to my face.

  

No comments:

Post a Comment