Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Suzuki Violin Volume 5- Concerto in G Minor - Antonio Vivaldi

Here is one of my favorite songs from Suzuki Violin Volume 5- Concerto in G minor (1st Movement) by Vivaldi. I think it's the third piece in the book. I'm learning this movement, but knowing when to switch to different positions is tricky. Luckily, I have youtube videos to see these changes.

I'm also looking for videos that have the piano accompaniment to this piece. If you go to the website called www.groveshark.com you can type Suzuki Violin in the search field and you will get several Suzuki Songs in a playlist. If you search every album and artist, you will be able to find a lot of users that have uploaded piano accompaniments to Suzuki Songs (From Book 1 and even some ranging all the way to book 8).

I'm learning the next movement adagio, but I want to focus on perfecting the first movement because it's very beautiful.

This piece (Along with the other three movements) are available on this free music database:
http://imslp.org/wiki/Violin_Concerto_in_G_minor,_RV_317_%28Vivaldi,_Antonio%29 

It's nice having a free database to access sheet music!

No comments:

Post a Comment